Cat lovers have found very creative ways to have their cats in their weddings. At Sedona Sky Weddings, we’ve got some cat-agorically cute suggestions on how to include your cat in your wedding!
- If you’d like to have Mr. Percival your pampered Persian in your pictures, consider asking your photographer to include kitty in your engagement photos or take center stage on your “Save the Date” postcards. Another option is having the photographer come to your abode before the wedding and take your photos with your cat.
- Stalk the thrift stores for flea market chic. Find cute cat figurines which can double as cake toppers or centerpieces.
- Infuse a cat theme onto your cake: have little kitty paw prints in the icing.
- As more engaged couples utilize their wedding as a way to give back to their community, consider making a donation to a no-kill cat shelter (e.g., Rescue House in San Diego or Miss Kitty’s Cat House in Prescott) or to a local non-profit which pays the vet bills for those in need (e.g., Pay It Forward in Cottonwood at 928/634-5274). Instead of buying wedding favors for your guests, put a sign on each table stating that a donation has been made in your guests’ names to a cat-related non-profit.
- Another way to include cats in your wedding is to ask your guests to make a donation in your name to particular cat-related cause. Or ask your guests to bring donations of cat food and supplies which will be given to a local cat shelter. This is a win-win: their gifts to you can benefit cats instead of your guests giving you another can opener or set of Pyrex bowls. Like you needed more of those…
- Would you like your cat, Lady Esmeralda or Sir Kitty, to walk you down the aisle? In a cat harness, your cat might be cajoled down the aisle if you have his favorite treat such as tuna flakes waiting for him at his feline El Dorado. Lady Esmeralda might be a bit happier walking up the aisle in a pet stroller. (In a pet stroller or a cat harness, your cat can’t escape, causing you unnecessary panic.)