Bring your wedding to Sedona’s Sky Ranch Lodge and let Carlinda Alvarado, Event Sales Manager, at Sedona Sky Weddings help you plan the perfect St. Patrick’s Day wedding. Here are a few of her favorite ideas to incorporate the green, orange, and white of the Irish flag into your wedding!
- Channel the luck of the Irish into a “Lucky in Love” banner. The banner could decorate your buffet or dessert table and hang it in your new home later.
- Feature Irish foods such as corned beef, Irish soda bread, and a crab dish called Dublin Lawyer in your menu.
- For dessert, consider Chocolate Stout cupcakes with a Bailey’s Irish cream cheese frosting with bright green and orange sprinkles on the top or a tower of orange, white, and green macaroons.
- Decorate your place cards with gold calligraphy and green shamrock cutouts.
- Work with your floral design to create green tablescapes.
- Include green shamrocks, carnations (in green, white, or orange), or stocks in your flowers, boutonnieres, and on top of your table settings.
- Wearin’ of the green! Whether it’s a green sash across your wedding dress, green bridesmaids’ dresses, or the groom’s party wearing green vests and/or ties, all of these great ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s.
- Even though St. Patrick’s occurs during Lent (when alcohol is not allowed by Roman Catholic rules), there is a one day exception on St. Pat’s—at least for the Irish and the Irish at heart! The Sparkling Shamrock Cocktail is Midori (a green melon-flavored liqueur) mixed with your favorite champagne. Garnish? How about green honeydew melon balls!